Good Design Vs Bad Design
Some websites are Good while some websites are Bad – it sounds pretty easy to label a website as good or bad,but what it all takes to term a website as Good or Bad???
Depending on the years of experience, expertise choices I’m sure that the list of terming the website as good or bad is going to differ. The first thing I would like to consider is the overall look and feel of a website, a major reason why I might term a website as good or bad.
It deals with the basic questions, like, can I read the text? Is the font itself readable, and is it too big or too small ? Can I understand it ? Am I able to navigate through different menus?
A negative answer to all the above questions is what a bad website will deliver. A website that confuses the user at all is definitely a BIG NO to the user.
The list describes what all says BYE to a your website:
- A homepage that is too flashy and busy.
- A website which leads their user on a scavenger hunt to search a particular information.
- Improper usage of colors.
- Lengthy unorganized content.
- Illegible fonts
- Coloured/Underlined text that is not a link,
- Paragraphs in all caps/bold/italic.
- Endless scrolling.
- Useless Website Junk & Clutter
- Broken Links
Bad Effects of Bad Websites:
– Damages your credibility.
– Reduces the no. of visitors for your website.
– Poor customer feedback.
– Reduces online sales.
– Hampers your online reputation.
– Loss of Online Inquiries.
– Doesn’t rank on Google.
A positive answer to all the above questions is what a good website will deliver. A website that confuses the user at all is definitely a BIG YES to the user.
The list describes what all says HELLO to a your website!!!!!!!!!!!
- A creative homepage that takes more about the business.
- A website with easy, user friendly navigations.
- Proper usage of colors.
- Proper usage of Font type,font size,font colors.
- No dummy content.
- No Broken Links.
- Visually appealing designs and banners.
- Good Landing Pages.
- Responsive Design.
- Easy to understand navigators.
Good Effects of Good Website:
– Increases no. of potential customers.
– Increase credibility and performance.
– Market Expansion.
– Boosts Sales.
– Improves your online presence.
– Expands your business without any geo-limitation.
– Helps you reach targeted ROI.
“Good design is about opening the door to your customers, giving a smile, taking their hand and walking them through your product”
All these differences between a good design and bad design though it be for website,logos,banners,pamphlets definitely affect your business growth. Imagine you investing so much on paid campaigns and still visitors land on your website,but don’t submit a form? That’s cause they didn’t find you interesting. Make the best design to attract new customers and maintain result-oriented business.